My name is Andrea…although that is not significantly important. I am a university student – studying within the field of International Development/Globalization and Public Administration. I have over 2 years of Federal government experience – previously working for a Cabinet Minister and a Parliamentary Secretary. On the flip side – I used to indulge myself in the world of modelling and acting. Blah, Blah, Blah.
I feel most comfortable viewing the world from a 5 inch pair of stilettos, while dressing to impress. Throughout my life thus far, I have developed a deep passionate love for fashion and what it means to the world, culture and our history.
Aside from fashion (which most women and intelligent men enjoy), I also take a huge interest in international affairs (mind out of the gutter – the foreign diplomacy kind), politics, chemistry, poetry, sports (I only gamble during the NFL season) and how to improve my knowledge of culture and life. I can often be caught reading Vanity Fair or scrolling the pages of the National Post or Economist. I also love camping and kayaking. Fresh air is good for the mind, body and soul.
At the end of the day, I want to know that I can have a small part in making the world a better place – a smile a day, will go a long way.
After the money has been spent, the Porsche gets old, and the botox fades – what does the superficial world have left? We all will have our intelligence (if it was there to begin with), wisdom from life’s lessons, and our inner selves. Be kind, don’t judge and take the time to meet new people and put a smile on someone’s face. I know it all sounds corny – but, it is true.
The little things which make me smile:
- Oscar Wilde.
- Soy-Vanilla Latte-half the vanilla pumps (Starbs).
- The Sartorialist.
- Seeing children and the elderly smile.
- Cognac brown leather.
- Being able to discuss fashion and foreign diplomacy (in the same conversation with the same person).
- Green olives on pizza.
- Going back home to the rural country, turning up country music and enjoying the scenery.
- Stomping the streets in a brand new pair of stilettos; just because I can.
- Seeing the look on someone’s face when I tell them I can catch, and gut a fish.
- Pressing ‘repeat all’ while listening to Mozart’s Violin Concerto.
- Sending and receiving hand-written letters.
- Seeing my family and friends happy, content, and loved.